Is hair oiling really important? What are the benefits oiling comes with? How can I do my hair oiling routine the right way? These are some questions that keep coming up in your mind when it’s time to finally think about self-care. We are here to help and thus we created our blog column that will surely help you find a way out of the riddles going inside your head. Keep reading to find the answers to all these questions spinning around inside your head!
Is it important to oil your hair?
Here are some benefits of hair oiling-
1. The primary purpose of oiling is to condition the scalp. An oil massage not only increases hair growth by jazzing up the hair follicles but also improves blood circulation to the scalp.
2. It can also increase the tensile strength of the hair, i.e the tension our hair takes when they face the wrath of chemicals, heat, pollution, UV exposure, and what not! It reduces frizziness, prevents breakage, and makes it overall more manageable. Applying oil on a regular basis can enhance the lubrication of the shaft and help prevent hair breakage.
3. By applying hair oil on your scalp regularly, it exfoliates the skin and removes harmful toxins from your hair. This clears hair follicles of harmful bacteria and strengthens your roots immensely. Additionally, applying hair oil also replenishes lost minerals and vitamins to your hair and scalp which also strengthens roots.
Oiling your hair the right way-
Oiling before washing your hair helps in forming a protective shield around your hair. It helps in reducing the wear and tear that happens during hair wash. This protective oil shield adds shine, moisture, helps prevent split ends and breakage. Here are the essential steps to follow to oil your hair properly-
1. Before you start oiling your hair, brush it so that you get rid of all the knots and tangles. This will make the process of oil application easy.
2. Pour an adequate amount of oil in a bowl or directly on your palm. Using your fingertips work it into your scalp thoroughly. Use circular motions to work the oil into the roots of your hair, use your fingertips to stimulate the scalp.
3. Move-in a consistent pattern and try to cover the entire scalp area. Do not neglect the back of your head. The area behind your ears and the area just above the nape also need attention. Massage well in these areas
4. Now that you have covered the entire scalp, start the application through the length of your hair. Take some oil, rub it onto your palms, and run your hands through the length of your hair.
5. Massage your hair and scalp for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Tie your hair into a loose bun and wrap a warm cloth around your forehead. This causes your pores and cuticles to open up, allowing for deeper penetration of the oils into your scalp and hair follicles.